Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to The Piedmont Group for fresh articles!
Strategies and Analysis
Your advisor can help simplify the somewhat complex investment process and design an investment program around your needs and individual objectives.
Our Investment Philosophy
The Piedmont Group’s Beliefs on Investing
“We believe that investing alongside a plan is the best way for our clients to achieve the outcome that they want to achieve.”
Our Core Tenets
- Strategic asset allocation is the key to risk adjusted investment results – We believe in taking an academic approach to portfolio design and apply the concepts inherent in Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT), which suggests that by investing in multiple stocks, one can reap the benefits of diversification, particularly a potentially reduction in the riskiness of the portfolio – AKA not putting all of your eggs in one basket.
- Active and passive investment strategies are not an either/or proposition – A combination of active and passive strategies, over the course of a full-economic cycle, can help provide our clients the opportunity for returns that can potentially exceed their expectations.
- Research matters – There are no shortcuts to good portfolio design. We work with our investment manager researchers to enhance our information and build an edge when performing our manager selection process. With special attention paid to following:
- Manager Costs
- Manager Investment in their Fund
- Corporate Stewardship
- Investor behavior and predicting markets – As keen observers of investor sentiment, we’re constantly on the lookout for short-sighted, emotionally driven or uninformed behavior. A cornerstone of our process is helping our clients focus on their long-term objectives versus irrational attempts to time the markets. A Chinese proverb states, “three feet of ice was not formed in a single day.” In other words, it takes time to achieve satisfactory results.
Asset allocation does not guarantee a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will outperform a non-diversified portfolio or that diversification among asset classes will reduce risk.
In 2018, Jon Constant and Jake Moore formed the MooreConstant team to advise both individuals and businesses. Their primary focus is wealth management and comprehensive financial planning and provide advice in the following areas: retirement planning, investment management, education planning, tax-efficient investing, estate and wealth transfer planning, concentrated stock position management, risk management and insurance, business benefits, 401(k)s, retirement plan design, and business succession planning.
Jonathan M. Constant
Jon began his career in wealth management 15 years ago with American Express Financial Advisors and spent 12 years in various advisory firm leadership positions. Most recently, he served as the managing principal of a national independent broker-dealer, covering the state of Georgia from 2014-2018. Jon holds the Chartered Retirement Planning Advisor designation through the College for Financial Planning and previously held leadership positions with financial services industry organizations, such as NAIFA.
Jake is a proud alumni of the University of Georgia’s Terry College of Business, where he received a BBA in Finance. He began his career in the wealth management business five years ago with the Atlanta office of Waddell & Reed, a national independent broker-dealer. Jake has worked diligently over the past five years to build a practice focused on comprehensive planning for individuals and small businesses with an emphasis on elite client service. Jake holds a Chartered Retirement Planning Advisor designation from the College for Financial Planning as well as a Certified Financial Planner designation from the CFP Board.